Innography Turns 7!
Innography President and Founder Tyron Stading reflects on the company and shares some fun facts about Innography as we celebrate our 7th "birthday".
7 years. It has been 7 years since Innography received our first funding on our road to revolutionize the IP industry. I'd like to take a moment to reflect on the journey. While it seems like just yesterday, we have accomplished so much in impacting the industry, and we're just getting started. With litigation, PTAB, Unified Patent Court in Europe, insurance, and increasing competitive R&D needs, the next decade promises to be ever more interesting. Stay tuned to see the great new things we are working on - you won't be disappointed!
In the meantime, some fun facts about Innography:
- Innography is the combination of "Innovation" and "Cartography" (literally how we are mapping and navigating innovation). My name (Tyron) came from a combination of my parent's names, so I wanted to name my company similarly.
- Our first customer was National Oilwell Varco, and second was Clorox (both Fortune 500).
- We have customers in every continent in the world except Antarctica.
- Our customers include 2 of the top 3 Fortune 500 companies in 8 different industries.
- We have helped our customers manage hundreds of billions of IP assets, and aided in tens of billions of dollars in licensing transactions.
- We have filed over 12 patent applications, many of our seminal patents from 2007 will be granting this year.
Thank you for starting this journey with us and we look forward to helping you in decades to come!