Patent Market Tracker Mid-Year 2016 Key Trends
The Mid-Year PMT update covers US patent purchases and sales for the first six months of 2016, revealing a 44 percent drop in patent transfers January 1 through June 30, compared to the prior period.
This report details trends uncovered through patent reassignment data including:
- The Electronics and Computer Hardware sectors declined in the last six months
- Medical and Chemistry & Physics sector growth accelerated
- The technology sector struggled most in the first half of 2016
- The biggest purchasers of Medical, Health, Biology and Pharma patents
- The largest acquisitions in Chemistry and Physics