Innography Advances the Power of IP Analytics with Fall 2013 Release
New capabilities include PatentScout, providing unlimited private patent search across the enterprise
Nov. 11, 2013, AUSTIN, TEXAS -- Innography, the innovative software provider of better intellectual property answers for improved business results, today announces a host of new features and innovations in its Fall 2013 Release. Advancing the world of IP analytics, the software includes more robust patent information, expanded search capabilities and unlimited access to private patent search across the enterprise with PatentScout™.
“A reflection of our market-leading product investment, our newest release was developed in close collaboration with our clients who continually push the envelope in IP analytics to make both strategic and tactical business decisions,” said John F. Martin, chief executive officer and chairman of Innography. “Innovative features in the release provide important capabilities for both IP professionals and business users who require in-depth information in the midst of high-stakes IP-related business challenges and opportunities.”
The Fall 2013 release introduces PatentScout, a new offering that provides IP professionals and business users with unlimited private search access to global patent data without the risk associated with using public patent search tools. In addition to keyword search, PatentScout also features powerful semantic search functionality in a user-friendly, intuitive tool that locates information otherwise hidden in patent disclosure language. This mobile-friendly and private service can be added to an existing Innography package for a flat rate with unlimited usage.
"We are very excited to roll out PatentScout to all of our employees worldwide,” said Jason Fiorillo, chief intellectual property counsel, Analog Devices Technology. “We believe it will enable them to search for patents and conduct freedom-to-operate surveys through its simple and intuitive interface. We are particularly pleased with the semantic search capabilities, which will allow our technical personnel to quickly locate relevant art without extensive or complicated searching."
Innography’s Advanced Analysis product received a broad collection of enhancements in this release, including:
- Comprehensive Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) support across all of Innography’s almost 100 million patents, including searching and filtering by CPC code.
- Downloadable patent litigation documents at no additional cost. This included 200,000 patent litigation documents comprised of complaints, answers, counter-claims, counter-claim answers, amended answers, motions and other documents provided by the U.S. Courts via the PACER database.
- Online detailed patent legal status and image file wrapper information from the U.S. public PAIR (Patent Application Information Retrieval) system, which includes patent assignments, maintenance, resurrections, expirations and abandonments.
- Calculated expiration dates for patents, a complex undertaking involving dozens of factors including the full chain of title. Users can hover over the calculated expiration date to see the factors considered in the calculation.
- Many search enhancements such as additional search operators and wildcards, easier design-patent searching and full-text searching, and automatic query conversion from legacy search tools.
Utilizing unique correlation and visualization technology, Innography’s solutions generate new insights and better answers through integrated online analysis of normalized and correlated patent, financial, litigation, market and other key business information from over a hundred data sources.
Innography streamlines and improves IP analysis to enable organizations to get products to market faster, uncover new and more lucrative revenue sources, keep better track of competitors, preempt litigation claims and stay on top of numerous IP-associated functions.