Patent Mapping Software
IP information can provide competitive intelligence years before companies publicly announce new products. However, because companies often try to hide their patent filings and patents change hands multiple times, it can be difficult for your organization to understand who owns what. You also need to view innovation in the context of the inventing company’s market size, revenue, and past litigation.
Patent mapping visualizations are an excellent way to understand how a particular market or technology stacks up.
Innography’s patent mapping software enables you to create useful, competitive landscapes that give an accurate view of patent ownership. By also integrating litigation, product and technology standards into the analysis, Innography enhances the ability to understand what your competitors are doing and expands views of the market landscape, helping discovery of new and emerging competitors and opportunities. By segmenting the market of interest and grouping companies by size and revenue in areas of interest, you can identify out-licensing, acquisition or partnership candidates.
- Identify top competitors in the technology space, segmented by small, medium-size and large companies
- Identify emerging R&D trends and visualize how the market landscape is changing over time
- View a snapshot of the current competitive landscape
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Ascertain the strengths and weaknesses of a company of interest by identifying top technology areas and gaps in their patent portfolio.
Litigation Risks and Opportunities
- Discover which patents and companies are involved in patent litigation to determine litigation risks and opportunities
- Monitor competitive threats and assess risks when developing new products
- Inventory technology standards in the marketplace for insight into which companies have the largest influence on the direction of a particular technology
- Identify and assess top competitors for a given technology by finding trademarks that map to products and patents